Thursday, October 22, 2015

{style} a fall hat for the weekends


Wearing: Goorin Bros. Maise Lock Felt Fedora, APC cashmere tee [old, similar here + here], Banana Republic embellished collared shirt, [old, similar here + here], Gap high rise skinnies, Loeffler Randall snakeskin flats [old, similar here], vintage Gucci tote.

This is the first year that I can honestly say that I haven't gone shopping for fall. While it's my favorite season + I usually start shopping in late July/early August, it just never happened. It's possible that my trip to Tulum put me in a mind state that I never wanted to get out of. Still don't.

Since I usually wear the same few key pieces for work during the week, when I came across a gift card for the ever fabulous Goorin Bros., I figured a bright colored hat could be the way to jumpstart my wardrobe for a bit more playfulness on the weekends.


I found this unique vintage Gucci tote in the window of a lovely shop in Brera while I was in Milan last year + so thankful I spotted it. I usually only carried it for work [surprisingly the perfect size for a laptop] + was a bit timid to use such a structured bag for weekend use, but this outfit was calling for it.


Since the hat, the structured tote + the collared shirt could be a bit more on the tailored/menswear-inspired spectrum, the hidden detail of the embellished collar, the snakeskin flats + the leather bow on the side of the hat add the much needed, subtle feminine touch.  While I'm not a fan of diamonds usually, throw some bling on my clothes + I am as happy as a seagull with a fry.



Shop it!




XO.

1 comment:

  1. I love the bag and how you styled it with your outfit. Now I am on the look out for a vintage Gucci just like that.

    ReplyDelete